酒精被认为是头号“约会强奸药”. 然而, it is important to understand that the only person to blame for sexual violence is the perpetrator. Regardless of how drunk or incapacitated a person may be, 他们被侵犯从来都不是他们的错.
提示: 同意 means a person has given voluntary permission to participate in a particular activity. Consensual sexual activity means that everyone involved has actively agreed to what they are doing, 而不被强迫, 强迫, 或者在酒精和/或药物的影响下. Without this active, verbal agreement, any sexual activity is considered sexual assault. 有几件事需要知道:
- 是的意思是是的. 同意 不 没有“不”字. It is the presence of a clear, affirmative, expression of interest, desire, and wants. 同意 involves all parties, with each person setting their boundaries or sharing their 欲望. 同意是相互尊重的、共同决定的.
- Drugs and alcohol impact decision-making and blur consent. When drugs and alcohol are involved, clear consent can不 be obtained. 醉酒的人不能表示同意.
- 同意需要明确. 同意比不听别人说“不”要好得多.” A partner saying 不hing is 不 the same as a partner saying “yes.” Don’t rely on body language, past sexual interactions, or any other nonverbal cues. 永远不要假设你已经得到了同意. 一定要先征得同意.
- 同意也很有趣. 同意 does 不 have to be something that “ruins the mood.” In fact, clear and enthusiastic consent can enhance sexual interactions. Not only does it allow one to know that their partner is comfortable with the interaction, it also lets both partners clearly express what they want.
- 同意特定. Just because someone consents to one set of actions and activities does 不 mean consent has been given for other sexual acts. 类似的, if a partner has given consent to sexual activity in the past, this does 不 apply to current or future interactions. 同意 can initially be given and later be withdrawn.
酒精 and other drugs complicate asking and giving consent. It is important to remember that alcohol is often used to commit sexual violence and is considered to be the most used date rape drug. 然而, remember that it is 不 alcohol that causes sexual violence; rather, 而是实施它的人.
A person can不 give consent if they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. 这包括昏倒的人. 进行性活动, 包括做爱, with a person who is heavily intoxicated is a violation of the TU Sexual Violence Policy and is illegal under Oklahoma law.
还记得, if you are unsure whether someone is sober enough to consent, it is best to “play it safe” and 不 engage in any sexual activity. It is your responsibility as the person initiating the sexual act to obtain consent, even if you are also drunk or under the influence of drugs. This means that you can and will be held responsible for any acts of sexual violence that may occur.
Healthy Relationships are Rooted in 同意 and Respect
最终, asking for and obtaining consent is part of what it means to be in a healthy relationship. Communication with your partner is key 不 only to a healthy emotional relationship, but is also key in a healthy and happy sexual relationship. 同意 part of effective communication within a relationship, 因为它本质上是分享你自己的需求, 欲望, 以及彼此之间的舒适程度, while also respecting your partner 和ir needs, 利益与自身界限. If asking for consent and discussing your sexual relationship with your partner seems too daunting or embarrassing, 那你还没准备好做爱.
本项目由批准号. _2016-WA-AX-0007__ awarded by the 暴力侵害妇女问题办公室, U.S. 司法部. 的观点, 发现, 结论, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do 不 necessarily reflect the views of the 司法部, 暴力侵害妇女问题办公室.