The University of Tulsa guarantees that within six months of graduation, you 将 find a job or be enrolled in graduate school!
学生 who wish to participate in the ‘Cane职业生涯 Job Placement Guarantee must enroll in an online, zero-credit “course” full of resources, professional development, 网络, webinars and other programming designed to help build confidence and prepare them for their career or post-graduate program.
This coursework is designed not only to teach students the practical skills and 网络 know-how employers are seeking, but also to give students the skills and confidence to find and succeed in their first job beyond college.
学生 who complete all program requirements are guaranteed to be offered an entry-level job or to be accepted into a graduate or professional program within six months of graduation OR receive a free semester of graduate school tuition benefit at TU.
All incoming undergraduate students with a fall 2022 entry term and after are eligible for the ‘Cane职业生涯 Job Placement Guarantee as long as they finish their last 60 hours at TU. 学生 must be eligible for work in the United States 毕业后 and meet the requirements for entry into a TU graduate program. 另外, students participating in ‘Cane职业生涯 Job Placement Guarantee program must be in good standing financially, ethically and academically with The University of Tulsa in order to be eligible for this benefit.
Career Readiness Competencies
Career Readiness is a foundation from which to demonstrate requisite core competencies that broadly prepare the college educated for success in the workplace and lifelong career management. The ‘Cane职业生涯 Job Placement Guarantee is a comprehensive career readiness program based on the following eight career readiness competencies identified by the National Association of 大学 and 雇主:
- Career and Self Development
- Equity and 包容
This is an educational program designed to help our students succeed.
Example of Yearly Requirements for 学生
Program Completion Requirements
- Must have fulfilled all ‘Cane职业生涯 requirements
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. 毕业后
- Must graduate with a 3.0 cumulative grade-point average
- Must be able to pass required background checks
- Must be in good financial standing with the university
- Must qualify for TU’s 研究生院
- Must begin an active job search six months before graduation, applying for at least four positions a month
- Must begin active graduate school search five months before graduating, applying to at least three schools
- Must be willing to meet job location requirements
If you have any questions regarding the ‘Cane职业生涯 Job Placement Guarantee, contact the Career Development and Professional Engagement staff at email@example.com or 918-631-2345. Are you thinking about applying to attend TU? We would be happy to send you information on what it means to be a member of the Golden Hurricane family!